VIDEO: Shocking footage of apparent racist abuse on London Underground
- Credit: Archant
Footage of a woman appearing to hurl vile racist abuse on the London Underground has emerged online, triggering a police investigation. Warning: This video contains offensive language.
The video appears to show a woman repeatedly swearing at another passenger in a racist tirade.
She is captured apparently swearing at him for several minutes while he remains seated on the District line train, which is believed to have been travelling eastbound between Stepney Green and Mile End stations.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.
Det Con Lawrence Murphy, of the British Transport Police, said: “We treat all allegations of racism very seriously and urge anyone with information about this incident to contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“We have isolated images of a woman we believe may be able to help us with our investigation into the incident.”
Police are unsure of the exact time and date on which the footage was taken, but the video was first uploaded to the internet on Thursday, April 11.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 8 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
The British Transport Police urges anyone with any information to contact them on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B3 of 22/04/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.