VIDEO: Shocking footage of apparent racist abuse on London Underground
- Credit: Archant
Footage of a woman appearing to hurl vile racist abuse on the London Underground has emerged online, triggering a police investigation. Warning: This video contains offensive language.
The video appears to show a woman repeatedly swearing at another passenger in a racist tirade.
She is captured apparently swearing at him for several minutes while he remains seated on the District line train, which is believed to have been travelling eastbound between Stepney Green and Mile End stations.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.
Det Con Lawrence Murphy, of the British Transport Police, said: “We treat all allegations of racism very seriously and urge anyone with information about this incident to contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“We have isolated images of a woman we believe may be able to help us with our investigation into the incident.”
Police are unsure of the exact time and date on which the footage was taken, but the video was first uploaded to the internet on Thursday, April 11.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
The British Transport Police urges anyone with any information to contact them on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B3 of 22/04/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.