VIDEO: Shocking footage of apparent racist abuse on London Underground
- Credit: Archant
Footage of a woman appearing to hurl vile racist abuse on the London Underground has emerged online, triggering a police investigation. Warning: This video contains offensive language.
The video appears to show a woman repeatedly swearing at another passenger in a racist tirade.
She is captured apparently swearing at him for several minutes while he remains seated on the District line train, which is believed to have been travelling eastbound between Stepney Green and Mile End stations.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.
Det Con Lawrence Murphy, of the British Transport Police, said: “We treat all allegations of racism very seriously and urge anyone with information about this incident to contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“We have isolated images of a woman we believe may be able to help us with our investigation into the incident.”
Police are unsure of the exact time and date on which the footage was taken, but the video was first uploaded to the internet on Thursday, April 11.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 3 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
The British Transport Police urges anyone with any information to contact them on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B3 of 22/04/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.