VIDEO: Shocking footage of apparent racist abuse on London Underground
- Credit: Archant
Footage of a woman appearing to hurl vile racist abuse on the London Underground has emerged online, triggering a police investigation. Warning: This video contains offensive language.
The video appears to show a woman repeatedly swearing at another passenger in a racist tirade.
She is captured apparently swearing at him for several minutes while he remains seated on the District line train, which is believed to have been travelling eastbound between Stepney Green and Mile End stations.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.
Det Con Lawrence Murphy, of the British Transport Police, said: “We treat all allegations of racism very seriously and urge anyone with information about this incident to contact us.
You may also want to watch:
“We have isolated images of a woman we believe may be able to help us with our investigation into the incident.”
Police are unsure of the exact time and date on which the footage was taken, but the video was first uploaded to the internet on Thursday, April 11.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 3 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 4 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
The British Transport Police urges anyone with any information to contact them on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B3 of 22/04/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.