VIDEO: Shocking footage of apparent racist abuse on London Underground
- Credit: Archant
Footage of a woman appearing to hurl vile racist abuse on the London Underground has emerged online, triggering a police investigation. Warning: This video contains offensive language.
The video appears to show a woman repeatedly swearing at another passenger in a racist tirade.
She is captured apparently swearing at him for several minutes while he remains seated on the District line train, which is believed to have been travelling eastbound between Stepney Green and Mile End stations.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.
Det Con Lawrence Murphy, of the British Transport Police, said: “We treat all allegations of racism very seriously and urge anyone with information about this incident to contact us.
“We have isolated images of a woman we believe may be able to help us with our investigation into the incident.”
Police are unsure of the exact time and date on which the footage was taken, but the video was first uploaded to the internet on Thursday, April 11.
- 1 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 4 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 9 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
The British Transport Police urges anyone with any information to contact them on 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference B3 of 22/04/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.