Whitechapel family ‘threatened with machetes and knives’ by burglars demanding cash and gold
- Credit: Met Police
A family in Whitechapel was threatened with knives and machetes in their home by burglars demanding cash and gold, police said.
The suspects, reportedly a gang of up to eight males, made off with “a quantity of items” after breaking into the property in Sidney Street and grabbing the occupants, according to Met Police.
Scotland Yard said no arrests have been made despite forensic tests and analysis of CCTV footage.
Today officers released images of four males they wish to speak to in connection to the burglary, which took place shortly before 3.40am on Friday.
“This was a terrifying attack on a family asleep in their home,” said assistant Det Sgt Justin Franklin of Whitechapel CID.
You may also want to watch:
“The perpetrators were violent and need to be caught as soon as possible. If you have information, we need to hear from you.”
Scotland Yard said the victims were “very shaken” but did not need medical treatment.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference CAD859/27Jul18 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.