Whitechapel family ‘threatened with machetes and knives’ by burglars demanding cash and gold
- Credit: Met Police
A family in Whitechapel was threatened with knives and machetes in their home by burglars demanding cash and gold, police said.
The suspects, reportedly a gang of up to eight males, made off with “a quantity of items” after breaking into the property in Sidney Street and grabbing the occupants, according to Met Police.
Scotland Yard said no arrests have been made despite forensic tests and analysis of CCTV footage.
Today officers released images of four males they wish to speak to in connection to the burglary, which took place shortly before 3.40am on Friday.
“This was a terrifying attack on a family asleep in their home,” said assistant Det Sgt Justin Franklin of Whitechapel CID.
You may also want to watch:
“The perpetrators were violent and need to be caught as soon as possible. If you have information, we need to hear from you.”
Scotland Yard said the victims were “very shaken” but did not need medical treatment.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference CAD859/27Jul18 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111.