Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- Credit: Google
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was killed at a flat in Whitechapel earlier today.
Police were called to the flat at Hadfield House, Ellen Street shortly after 8.15am this morning after concerns were raised about the woman's welfare.
She was found unresponsive and had suffered multiple injuries, including stab wounds.
The victim is believed to have been in her 30s or 40s and was pronounced dead by paramedics, who attempted to give her CPR.
Police have confirmed a man in his 30s, who was known to the victim, was arrested near the scene for her murder. He is currently being held in custody at an east London police station.
Murder detectives from the Metropolitan Police are believe they know the woman's identity and are working to inform her next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Anyone with information that could help police is urged to call the incident room on 02083453865, call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting ref CAD1612/21 Jan.
Alternatively, information can be provided anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.