Whitechapel ‘sex club’ swooped on by cops
A man has been arrested after cops swooped on an East End club following claims that sexual services were being offered there.
White’s Gentleman’s Club in Leman Street, Whitechapel was raided this morning by officers from Scotland Yard’s Human Exploitation and Organised Crime Command.
The 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of controlling prostitution for gain and other licensing offences.
Women working at the club were spoken to in a bid to find out exactly what was going on and they were also offered assistance.
Tower Hamlets licensing committee will now decide whether to shut the club down.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Kevin Hyland of the Met’s Trafficking and Prostitution Unit said: “Premises that operate in London as gentlemen’s clubs need to be sure that they comply with the strict rules that are required of them.
“The MPS will react to allegations of breaches, particularly where it is alleged that sexual services are being offered.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
The arrested man has been bailed to return to a police station on August 16.