Whitechapel ‘sex club’ swooped on by cops
A man has been arrested after cops swooped on an East End club following claims that sexual services were being offered there.
White’s Gentleman’s Club in Leman Street, Whitechapel was raided this morning by officers from Scotland Yard’s Human Exploitation and Organised Crime Command.
The 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of controlling prostitution for gain and other licensing offences.
Women working at the club were spoken to in a bid to find out exactly what was going on and they were also offered assistance.
Tower Hamlets licensing committee will now decide whether to shut the club down.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Kevin Hyland of the Met’s Trafficking and Prostitution Unit said: “Premises that operate in London as gentlemen’s clubs need to be sure that they comply with the strict rules that are required of them.
“The MPS will react to allegations of breaches, particularly where it is alleged that sexual services are being offered.”
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 3 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 4 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
The arrested man has been bailed to return to a police station on August 16.