Witness appeal after man gets head injuries in Shoreditch bar fight
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating a disturbance in a late night bar in Shoreditch in which an innocent man had head injuries from flying glass have issued photographs today of someone they want to question about the incident.
An object was thrown during a fight which broke out at the Golden Bee bar in Singer Street, off Great Eastern Street near the Old Street roundabout, soon after midnight on June 24.
A man in his 20s on a night out with friends was struck by the glass object, causing serious head injuries.
He was not involved in the fight and had his back turned on the incident when the object was thrown, which left him covered in blood and having to be taken to hospital where he needed stitches.
The incident was part of a violent disturbance that spread into the surrounding streets, which officers say would have been witnessed by passers-by.
You may also want to watch:
Police nearly five months on want to question a man seen in the photographs about the disturbance on June 24 and believe he was part of a group at a birthday celebration.
He is tall, slim, with short brown hair and a short beard, wearing a short-sleeved white shirt, blue jeans, and dark-rimmed glasses at the time.
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact the Met’s Central North Command on 020-8345 0257, or 101 (Tweet @MetCC), or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week