Witness appeal after man gets head injuries in Shoreditch bar fight
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating a disturbance in a late night bar in Shoreditch in which an innocent man had head injuries from flying glass have issued photographs today of someone they want to question about the incident.
An object was thrown during a fight which broke out at the Golden Bee bar in Singer Street, off Great Eastern Street near the Old Street roundabout, soon after midnight on June 24.
A man in his 20s on a night out with friends was struck by the glass object, causing serious head injuries.
He was not involved in the fight and had his back turned on the incident when the object was thrown, which left him covered in blood and having to be taken to hospital where he needed stitches.
The incident was part of a violent disturbance that spread into the surrounding streets, which officers say would have been witnessed by passers-by.
You may also want to watch:
Police nearly five months on want to question a man seen in the photographs about the disturbance on June 24 and believe he was part of a group at a birthday celebration.
He is tall, slim, with short brown hair and a short beard, wearing a short-sleeved white shirt, blue jeans, and dark-rimmed glasses at the time.
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to contact the Met’s Central North Command on 020-8345 0257, or 101 (Tweet @MetCC), or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient