Witness appeal after Ruhel Ahmed is found strangled in his Stepney flat
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
Detectives holding a murder investigation have now identified the man found strangled at a block of flats in London’s East End.
The body found at Timor House on Stepney’s huge Ocean Estate has been identified as 36-year-old Ruhel Ahmed who lived in the flat.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday found cause of death to be compression to the neck.
Police who answered a 999 call to the flat at 7.15pm last Thursday, after his body was discovered, later arrested a man in hospital who was being treated for a hand injury.
The 29-year-old has been held in custody at an east London police station on “suspicion on murder” after being discharged from hospital, Scotland Yard confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation, but continue looking into the circumstances of Ruhel Ahmed’s death.
A witness appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital