Witness appeal after Syed Islam is stabbed to death at Mile End
- Credit: MPS
Murder detectives are appealing for witnesses tonight following yesterday’s stabbing of 20-year-old Syed Jamanoor Islam at Bow Common in Mile End.
Syed was formally identified by police this-evening, while a post-mortem examination is due to take place in east London tomorrow.
Det Chief Insp Tony Lynes, from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “We want to speak to anyone in the area at that time who might have seen what happened, or anyone information about the circumstances.”
Police were called at 4.45pm yesterday to Wager Street, off Bow Common Lane, where Syed was found dying after being stabbed in the street just yards from his home.
The former Tower Hamlets college student was rushed to the Royal London Hospital at Whitechapel, but died an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believes he was with friends when he was set on by a group approaching him.
Officers later arrested an 18-year-old “on suspicion of murder” who was held in custody while the witnesses appeal was launched.
Detectives are urging witnesses to call the incident room 020-8721 4868, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111 or Crimestoppers online.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man