Witness appeal in Limehouse murder hunt after woman dies in triple stabbing
- Credit: Mike Brooke
Neighbours have been in shock today at the murder of a 20-year-old woman in a quiet cul-de-sac on a housing estate in Limehouse.
Three people were stabbed during a disturbance in a first-floor flat in Dora Street late last night.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 11pm when three people were stabbed.
The air ambulance team from the Royal London Hospital was brought in who gave immediate medical treatment in the flat.
But the woman was pronounced dead 40 minutes later. Detectives are waiting for a formal identification before releasing her name.
You may also want to watch:
Two other people in the flat, a woman of 42 and man of 24, were taken to hospital, but later released after treatment.
The suspect fled the scene before to police arrived, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Police cordoned off the street for several hours. Father-of-two Ahmed Musek, 36, a restaurant worker living next door to the flat, arrived home to find the cordon.
“They stopped me going in for over an hour,” he told the East London Advertiser. “I was kept waiting in the street before they let me in.
“We are all worried after what happened. We are all shocked at the stabbing—this is a quiet place.”
The cordon was still in place when his two children went to school this-morning, but has since been lifted.
Officers from the Met’s Homicide Command returned to the flat this-afternoon. All those involved in the incident were said be known to each other.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the Dora Street stabbing to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or Crimestoppers online. There have been no arrests so far.