Witness appeal in Limehouse murder hunt after woman dies in triple stabbing
- Credit: Mike Brooke
Neighbours have been in shock today at the murder of a 20-year-old woman in a quiet cul-de-sac on a housing estate in Limehouse.
Three people were stabbed during a disturbance in a first-floor flat in Dora Street late last night.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 11pm when three people were stabbed.
The air ambulance team from the Royal London Hospital was brought in who gave immediate medical treatment in the flat.
But the woman was pronounced dead 40 minutes later. Detectives are waiting for a formal identification before releasing her name.
You may also want to watch:
Two other people in the flat, a woman of 42 and man of 24, were taken to hospital, but later released after treatment.
The suspect fled the scene before to police arrived, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
Police cordoned off the street for several hours. Father-of-two Ahmed Musek, 36, a restaurant worker living next door to the flat, arrived home to find the cordon.
“They stopped me going in for over an hour,” he told the East London Advertiser. “I was kept waiting in the street before they let me in.
“We are all worried after what happened. We are all shocked at the stabbing—this is a quiet place.”
The cordon was still in place when his two children went to school this-morning, but has since been lifted.
Officers from the Met’s Homicide Command returned to the flat this-afternoon. All those involved in the incident were said be known to each other.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the Dora Street stabbing to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or Crimestoppers online. There have been no arrests so far.