Witness appeal in Limehouse murder hunt after woman dies in triple stabbing
- Credit: Mike Brooke
Neighbours have been in shock today at the murder of a 20-year-old woman in a quiet cul-de-sac on a housing estate in Limehouse.
Three people were stabbed during a disturbance in a first-floor flat in Dora Street late last night.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 11pm when three people were stabbed.
The air ambulance team from the Royal London Hospital was brought in who gave immediate medical treatment in the flat.
But the woman was pronounced dead 40 minutes later. Detectives are waiting for a formal identification before releasing her name.
Two other people in the flat, a woman of 42 and man of 24, were taken to hospital, but later released after treatment.
The suspect fled the scene before to police arrived, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
Police cordoned off the street for several hours. Father-of-two Ahmed Musek, 36, a restaurant worker living next door to the flat, arrived home to find the cordon.
“They stopped me going in for over an hour,” he told the East London Advertiser. “I was kept waiting in the street before they let me in.
“We are all worried after what happened. We are all shocked at the stabbing—this is a quiet place.”
The cordon was still in place when his two children went to school this-morning, but has since been lifted.
Officers from the Met’s Homicide Command returned to the flat this-afternoon. All those involved in the incident were said be known to each other.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the Dora Street stabbing to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or Crimestoppers online. There have been no arrests so far.