Witness appeal in murder probe in Bow after man is found shot and stabbed
- Credit: Google
A murder investigation has been launched in east London following a shooting and stabbing of a 41-year-old man in Bow.
The man was found injured yesterday afternoon at Eagling Close, off Campbell Road, at around 4.30pm.
Air ambulance paramedics from the Royal London Hospital at Whitechapel were rushed in, but the man died an hour later.
“This was a violent murder that happened in broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon,” Det Chief Insp Gary Holmes said. “There will be witnesses who have who may have seen something significant.
“I’m aware of a woman in pink trousers who was seen in Eagling Close around the time of the murder. Even if she doesn’t think she saw anything significant, it’s vital that she contacts us.”
You may also want to watch:
Police believe they know who the man’s identity, but are waiting for formal identification and confirmation that his family have been informed.
They are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information about what happened between 4.20 and 4.40pm yesterday to contact the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or on Twitter @MetCC, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or Crimestoppers online. Detectives believe at this stage that he was both shot and stabbed. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.Two me have been arrested in connection with the incident, Scotland Yard has confirmed. They are being held in custody at east London police stations.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries