Witness appeal over broad daylight Brick Lane stabbing
- Credit: Mike Brooke
Detectives investigating the stabbing of a teenager in Brick Lane are appealing for witnesses.
The 17-year-old was found with stab injuries at around 4.20pm on Friday, July 14.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Police would like to speak to anyone who was in that area of Whitechapel at the time of the assault or has any information that may assist the information.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested the day after the incident on suspicion of attempted murder and later released pending further investigation.
Anyone with information should contact Tower Hamlets CID based at Bethnal Green on 020 7275 4602, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 7 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021