Witness appeal over Whitechapel cyclist death
- Credit: MPS
Do you recognise this man? Detectives investigating the death of a cyclist in Whitechapel believe he may be a key witness to what happened.
Karla Roman, 32, died in hospital after a collision with a coach in Whitechapel High Street, close to the junction with White Church Lane, shortly before 9am on Monday, February 6.
The coach driver stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
Officers launched an appeal for witnesses at the time but are now focusing on tracing a particular cyclist.
CCTV footage captured him travelling along White Church Lane close to Ms Roman, and he then continued across the junction into Osborn Street.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ian Payne said: “We are specifically appealing to the cyclist seen in the image to come forward as we believe he could potentially provide vital information for our ongoing enquiry.”
The man, or any other witnesses, should contact police on 101.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United