Witness appeal over Whitechapel cyclist death
- Credit: MPS
Do you recognise this man? Detectives investigating the death of a cyclist in Whitechapel believe he may be a key witness to what happened.
Karla Roman, 32, died in hospital after a collision with a coach in Whitechapel High Street, close to the junction with White Church Lane, shortly before 9am on Monday, February 6.
The coach driver stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
Officers launched an appeal for witnesses at the time but are now focusing on tracing a particular cyclist.
CCTV footage captured him travelling along White Church Lane close to Ms Roman, and he then continued across the junction into Osborn Street.
Det Con Ian Payne said: “We are specifically appealing to the cyclist seen in the image to come forward as we believe he could potentially provide vital information for our ongoing enquiry.”
The man, or any other witnesses, should contact police on 101.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 3 Bow man charged after Dagenham stabbing given court date
- 4 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs
- 7 2021: London teenage homicides reach highest level since records began
- 8 Teenager 'punched, kicked' by three men at DLR station
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 All aboard: Seven quirky houseboats to try this year in London