Witness appeal over Whitechapel cyclist death
- Credit: MPS
Do you recognise this man? Detectives investigating the death of a cyclist in Whitechapel believe he may be a key witness to what happened.
Karla Roman, 32, died in hospital after a collision with a coach in Whitechapel High Street, close to the junction with White Church Lane, shortly before 9am on Monday, February 6.
The coach driver stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
Officers launched an appeal for witnesses at the time but are now focusing on tracing a particular cyclist.
CCTV footage captured him travelling along White Church Lane close to Ms Roman, and he then continued across the junction into Osborn Street.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ian Payne said: “We are specifically appealing to the cyclist seen in the image to come forward as we believe he could potentially provide vital information for our ongoing enquiry.”
The man, or any other witnesses, should contact police on 101.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff