Witness appeal over Whitechapel cyclist death
- Credit: MPS
Do you recognise this man? Detectives investigating the death of a cyclist in Whitechapel believe he may be a key witness to what happened.
Karla Roman, 32, died in hospital after a collision with a coach in Whitechapel High Street, close to the junction with White Church Lane, shortly before 9am on Monday, February 6.
The coach driver stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
Officers launched an appeal for witnesses at the time but are now focusing on tracing a particular cyclist.
CCTV footage captured him travelling along White Church Lane close to Ms Roman, and he then continued across the junction into Osborn Street.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ian Payne said: “We are specifically appealing to the cyclist seen in the image to come forward as we believe he could potentially provide vital information for our ongoing enquiry.”
The man, or any other witnesses, should contact police on 101.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson