Witness appeal over Whitechapel cyclist death
- Credit: MPS
Do you recognise this man? Detectives investigating the death of a cyclist in Whitechapel believe he may be a key witness to what happened.
Karla Roman, 32, died in hospital after a collision with a coach in Whitechapel High Street, close to the junction with White Church Lane, shortly before 9am on Monday, February 6.
The coach driver stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
Officers launched an appeal for witnesses at the time but are now focusing on tracing a particular cyclist.
CCTV footage captured him travelling along White Church Lane close to Ms Roman, and he then continued across the junction into Osborn Street.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Ian Payne said: “We are specifically appealing to the cyclist seen in the image to come forward as we believe he could potentially provide vital information for our ongoing enquiry.”
The man, or any other witnesses, should contact police on 101.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'