Witness appeal to Isle of Dogs robbery
A TAXI driver was threatened with a 12 inch kitchen knife by a passenger who demanded cash.
The 65-year-old man, picked up a fare outside Moorgate Station at about 625pm on Tuesday (Aug 31).
His passenger who was described as Asian, about 18, clean shaven and skinnily built got into the silver Cab and asked to be taken to the Isle of Dogs.
The taxi driver stopped outside Brassey House, Cahir Street, and his passenger said he wanted to get out and then pay the fare but the cabby refused and said he had to pay before leaving the car.
But his passenger climbed out of the rear window and the driver got out of the cab and was threatened with a 12 inch kitchen knife demanding money and his bag from him and running off.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Detective Constable Simon Andrews in the Robbery Squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or email@example.com.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed