Witness appeal to Isle of Dogs robbery
A TAXI driver was threatened with a 12 inch kitchen knife by a passenger who demanded cash.
The 65-year-old man, picked up a fare outside Moorgate Station at about 625pm on Tuesday (Aug 31).
His passenger who was described as Asian, about 18, clean shaven and skinnily built got into the silver Cab and asked to be taken to the Isle of Dogs.
The taxi driver stopped outside Brassey House, Cahir Street, and his passenger said he wanted to get out and then pay the fare but the cabby refused and said he had to pay before leaving the car.
But his passenger climbed out of the rear window and the driver got out of the cab and was threatened with a 12 inch kitchen knife demanding money and his bag from him and running off.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Detective Constable Simon Andrews in the Robbery Squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or email@example.com.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided