Broadway Market shooting: ‘Break wall of silence’ appeal after woman, 32, is left wounded in street
- Credit: @999London
A 32-year-old woman shot in the street in Broadway Market near London Fields on Sunday night is still in a critical condition after three days, with her family at her hospital bedside.
She was an innocent bystander when a gun was fired during a conflict involving a group filming a music video in the market on Sunday night, November 22, it has emerged.
Police officers arriving at the scene just before 9pm kept her alive by resuscitation before ambulance arrived.
Detectives from the Met’s Trident specialist crime unit are appealing for witnesses to “break the wall of silence” after those involved in the fracas fled the scene and left the woman on the pavement badly wounded from the gunshot.
“The woman was an innocent bystander,” Det Insp Matt Webb from Trident Command said. “She was left seriously injured in the street.
“Someone knows who did this. I urge them not to help violent criminals by remaining silent.”
Members of the public came to her aid and police officers gave resuscitation and first aid before she was rushed to hospital.
- 1 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 2 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 6 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 7 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 10 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
“Our investigation into this terrible crime continues,” Det Insp Webb added. “We’ve spoken to people and been contacted by others who have been disgusted by this horrific incident.
“I want to reassure them that we’ll stop at nothing to find those persons who left this woman so seriously injured.”
Police believe 10 people were in Broadway Market about 10 minutes before the shooting who were being filmed for a music video “with professional looking camera equipment”.
But they got into conflict with another group arriving in the market. A gun was fired which hit the woman and both groups fled the scene leaving her badly wounded in the street.
Anyone who saw the shooting just before 9pm in Broadway Market or has information about the filming that was going on, or has video or images, is being urged by detectives to call the incident room on 020-7230 9737, quoting either Op Halifaxa or CAD 6587/22NOV20, or call 101, tweet @MetCC, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.