Murder hunt launched after woman found dead in her Poplar flat
- Credit: Archant
A murder hunt has been launched after a woman was found dead in her flat in Poplar.
The body of the 50-year-old was discovered by police officers at her home in Salisbury House, Hobday Street, on December 30 following concerns for her welfare.
Her death was initially deemed unexplained but a special post mortem held yesterday showed she died from compression to the neck.
Her next of kin have been informed but she has not yet been formally identified.
Detectives from the Met’s homicide and major crime command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call detectives on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 4 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 5 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime