Murder hunt launched after woman found dead in her Poplar flat
- Credit: Archant
A murder hunt has been launched after a woman was found dead in her flat in Poplar.
The body of the 50-year-old was discovered by police officers at her home in Salisbury House, Hobday Street, on December 30 following concerns for her welfare.
Her death was initially deemed unexplained but a special post mortem held yesterday showed she died from compression to the neck.
Her next of kin have been informed but she has not yet been formally identified.
Detectives from the Met’s homicide and major crime command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call detectives on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones