Murder hunt launched after woman found dead in her Poplar flat
- Credit: Archant
A murder hunt has been launched after a woman was found dead in her flat in Poplar.
The body of the 50-year-old was discovered by police officers at her home in Salisbury House, Hobday Street, on December 30 following concerns for her welfare.
Her death was initially deemed unexplained but a special post mortem held yesterday showed she died from compression to the neck.
Her next of kin have been informed but she has not yet been formally identified.
Detectives from the Met’s homicide and major crime command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call detectives on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Parkour group to move from home of seven years after lease is cancelled
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift