Murder hunt launched after woman found dead in her Poplar flat
- Credit: Archant
A murder hunt has been launched after a woman was found dead in her flat in Poplar.
The body of the 50-year-old was discovered by police officers at her home in Salisbury House, Hobday Street, on December 30 following concerns for her welfare.
Her death was initially deemed unexplained but a special post mortem held yesterday showed she died from compression to the neck.
Her next of kin have been informed but she has not yet been formally identified.
Detectives from the Met’s homicide and major crime command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call detectives on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single