Woman accused of standing by while trio allegedly abused Tower Hamlets child
A young girl who was sexually abused by three men was mocked by a woman, who suggested she should “get some money” from her alleged attackers, a court heard today (Tuesday).
Chinyere Chikwe, 43, allegedly knew the schoolgirl was being abused at various addresses in Poplar and Stepney between the ages of nine and 11, but did nothing to prevent it.
Mohammed Rafique, 53, of Candy Street, Bow, is accused of sexually assaulting the child, over a three year period from March 2003 until February 2006.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard two other men attacked the girl too, with Sunday Ajayi, 48, accused of raping her, while Chinedu ‘Oscar’ Anyanwu, 43, is alleged to sexually assaulted her.
The girl, now 18, confided in a relative last year before a complaint was lodged to police, jurors heard.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutor Edmund Gritt said: “Chinyere [Chikwe] is accused of mocking her warnings that Rafique was abusing her. She said, ‘try and get some money off him’.
“Chinyere was a drug user and sex worker to fund her drug habit.”
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 7 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
Rafique was one of Chickwe’s clients, he added, while Ajayi had been her boyfriend, and Anyanwu was her friend.
Chikwe, of Lensbury Way, Abbey Wood, denies cruelty to a person under 16.
Rafique denies indecency with a child, two counts of sexual assault of a child under 13, two counts of indecent assault and attempted rape of a child under 13.
Ajayi, of West Road, Stratford, denies rape of a child under 13 and two counts of attempted rape.
Anyanwu, of Statham Grove, Edmonton, denies attempted rape of a child under 13, and various other sexual offences.
The trial continues.