Woman arrested after man stabbed to death in Isle of Dogs flat
- Credit: Ken Mears
A young woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal stabbing in a flat on the Isle of Dogs.
Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance responded to reports of a stabbing in Galleon House, Glengarnock Avenue, at about 8.30am this morning.
A man in his 30s was found injured from a stab wound. He died at the scene, despite medics’ best efforts.
The suspect, aged in her 20s, was taken to east London police station.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing. A crime scene remains in place and the Met’s homicide and major crime command have been contacted.
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, a person was dead at the scene,” said a London Ambulance Service spokesman,
London’s Air Ambulance dispatched their advanced trauma team via a rapid response car, a spokeswoman said.