Woman arrested after man stabbed to death in Isle of Dogs flat
- Credit: Ken Mears
A young woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal stabbing in a flat on the Isle of Dogs.
Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance responded to reports of a stabbing in Galleon House, Glengarnock Avenue, at about 8.30am this morning.
A man in his 30s was found injured from a stab wound. He died at the scene, despite medics’ best efforts.
The suspect, aged in her 20s, was taken to east London police station.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing. A crime scene remains in place and the Met’s homicide and major crime command have been contacted.
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, a person was dead at the scene,” said a London Ambulance Service spokesman,
London’s Air Ambulance dispatched their advanced trauma team via a rapid response car, a spokeswoman said.