Woman arrested after man stabbed to death in Isle of Dogs flat
- Credit: Ken Mears
A young woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal stabbing in a flat on the Isle of Dogs.
Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance responded to reports of a stabbing in Galleon House, Glengarnock Avenue, at about 8.30am this morning.
A man in his 30s was found injured from a stab wound. He died at the scene, despite medics’ best efforts.
The suspect, aged in her 20s, was taken to east London police station.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing. A crime scene remains in place and the Met’s homicide and major crime command have been contacted.
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, a person was dead at the scene,” said a London Ambulance Service spokesman,
London’s Air Ambulance dispatched their advanced trauma team via a rapid response car, a spokeswoman said.