Woman arrested after man stabbed to death in Isle of Dogs flat
- Credit: Ken Mears
A young woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal stabbing in a flat on the Isle of Dogs.
Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance responded to reports of a stabbing in Galleon House, Glengarnock Avenue, at about 8.30am this morning.
A man in his 30s was found injured from a stab wound. He died at the scene, despite medics’ best efforts.
The suspect, aged in her 20s, was taken to east London police station.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection to the killing, according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing. A crime scene remains in place and the Met’s homicide and major crime command have been contacted.
“We sent a motorcycle responder, an incident response officer and an ambulance crew. We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, a person was dead at the scene,” said a London Ambulance Service spokesman,
London’s Air Ambulance dispatched their advanced trauma team via a rapid response car, a spokeswoman said.