Woman dead after assault in Bow as man held for ‘suspected murder’
A woman has died in an assault in east London as a man is arrested for suspected murder.
Police were called to Sandall House in Darling Way, Bow, at 10.49am today with reports of a serious assault.
A 43-year-old woman suffering severe head injuries and a wound to her chest was found by officers when they arrived.
The woman was later pronounced dead after London Ambulance Service attended.
A male youth - believed to be a teenager - has been arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken him to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage this incident is believed to be domestic related.”
Officers in Tower Hamlets are continuing to investigate and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto