Woman dead after assault in Bow as man held for ‘suspected murder’
A woman has died in an assault in east London as a man is arrested for suspected murder.
Police were called to Sandall House in Darling Way, Bow, at 10.49am today with reports of a serious assault.
A 43-year-old woman suffering severe head injuries and a wound to her chest was found by officers when they arrived.
The woman was later pronounced dead after London Ambulance Service attended.
A male youth - believed to be a teenager - has been arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken him to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage this incident is believed to be domestic related.”
Officers in Tower Hamlets are continuing to investigate and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
- 1 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 5 Witness appeal continues a month after youth stabbed in Shadwell
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End