Woman dead after assault in Bow as man held for ‘suspected murder’
A woman has died in an assault in east London as a man is arrested for suspected murder.
Police were called to Sandall House in Darling Way, Bow, at 10.49am today with reports of a serious assault.
A 43-year-old woman suffering severe head injuries and a wound to her chest was found by officers when they arrived.
The woman was later pronounced dead after London Ambulance Service attended.
A male youth - believed to be a teenager - has been arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken him to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage this incident is believed to be domestic related.”
Officers in Tower Hamlets are continuing to investigate and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Man dies on Isle of Dogs
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking