Woman dead after assault in Bow as man held for ‘suspected murder’
A woman has died in an assault in east London as a man is arrested for suspected murder.
Police were called to Sandall House in Darling Way, Bow, at 10.49am today with reports of a serious assault.
A 43-year-old woman suffering severe head injuries and a wound to her chest was found by officers when they arrived.
The woman was later pronounced dead after London Ambulance Service attended.
A male youth - believed to be a teenager - has been arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken him to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage this incident is believed to be domestic related.”
Officers in Tower Hamlets are continuing to investigate and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'