Pedestrian killed in Shoreditch bus crash
- Credit: Twitter / @CrimeLdn
A woman in her 30s has died after she was reportedly hit by a bus in Shoreditch.
Police were called to Great Eastern Street near the junction with Curtain Road just before 9am today - February 4.
London Ambulance Service, the Air Ambulance and London Fire Brigade also attended the scene.
The woman was injured in the collision, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for the Met said that enquiries were underway to notify her next of kin.
No one has been arrested over the incident.
Extensive road closures are in place, and people are advised to avoid the area as long delays are expected.
- 1 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 10 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or has dashcam footage to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference 1725/4FEB.
To remain anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.