‘The kindest person you could ever wish to know’: Dad’s tribute to woman killed in crash
- Credit: Archant
The father of a “much loved” woman who died after being hit by a car near Crossharbour station has paid tribute to her.
Charlotte Kenning, from the Yorkshire town of Goole, died in hospital a day after sustaining multiple injuries.
The 25-year-old's dad said: "Charlotte was the loveliest, most beautiful and kindest person you could ever wish to know.
"She will be sadly missed and was much loved by everyone who knew her."
Police were called to Limeharbour at around 11.45pm on Saturday, May 25 to reports of a crash involving a car and a pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte, the pedestrian, was treated at the scene before being taken to hopsital, where she died on Sunday, May 26.
The driver of the car, a red Vauxhall Astra, remained at the scene. He was not arrested.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are calling for any witnesses, or anyone with dashcam footage, to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8597 4874, quoting CAD 9139/25May, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.