‘The kindest person you could ever wish to know’: Dad’s tribute to woman killed in crash
- Credit: Archant
The father of a “much loved” woman who died after being hit by a car near Crossharbour station has paid tribute to her.
Charlotte Kenning, from the Yorkshire town of Goole, died in hospital a day after sustaining multiple injuries.
The 25-year-old's dad said: "Charlotte was the loveliest, most beautiful and kindest person you could ever wish to know.
"She will be sadly missed and was much loved by everyone who knew her."
Police were called to Limeharbour at around 11.45pm on Saturday, May 25 to reports of a crash involving a car and a pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte, the pedestrian, was treated at the scene before being taken to hopsital, where she died on Sunday, May 26.
The driver of the car, a red Vauxhall Astra, remained at the scene. He was not arrested.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are calling for any witnesses, or anyone with dashcam footage, to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8597 4874, quoting CAD 9139/25May, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.