‘The kindest person you could ever wish to know’: Dad’s tribute to woman killed in crash
- Credit: Archant
The father of a “much loved” woman who died after being hit by a car near Crossharbour station has paid tribute to her.
Charlotte Kenning, from the Yorkshire town of Goole, died in hospital a day after sustaining multiple injuries.
The 25-year-old's dad said: "Charlotte was the loveliest, most beautiful and kindest person you could ever wish to know.
"She will be sadly missed and was much loved by everyone who knew her."
Police were called to Limeharbour at around 11.45pm on Saturday, May 25 to reports of a crash involving a car and a pedestrian.
Charlotte, the pedestrian, was treated at the scene before being taken to hopsital, where she died on Sunday, May 26.
The driver of the car, a red Vauxhall Astra, remained at the scene. He was not arrested.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are calling for any witnesses, or anyone with dashcam footage, to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8597 4874, quoting CAD 9139/25May, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.