‘The kindest person you could ever wish to know’: Dad’s tribute to woman killed in crash
- Credit: Archant
The father of a “much loved” woman who died after being hit by a car near Crossharbour station has paid tribute to her.
Charlotte Kenning, from the Yorkshire town of Goole, died in hospital a day after sustaining multiple injuries.
The 25-year-old's dad said: "Charlotte was the loveliest, most beautiful and kindest person you could ever wish to know.
"She will be sadly missed and was much loved by everyone who knew her."
Police were called to Limeharbour at around 11.45pm on Saturday, May 25 to reports of a crash involving a car and a pedestrian.
Charlotte, the pedestrian, was treated at the scene before being taken to hopsital, where she died on Sunday, May 26.
The driver of the car, a red Vauxhall Astra, remained at the scene. He was not arrested.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 3 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 9 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 10 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are calling for any witnesses, or anyone with dashcam footage, to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8597 4874, quoting CAD 9139/25May, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.