Woman in her 60s is stabbed next to children’s playground in Bow
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman in her 60s was stabbed in Bow.
The victim was attacked as she walked along a path that runs between Legion Terrace and Garrison Road on Friday at around 9.50pm.
She had bought fish and chips in Roman Road before she was stabbed next to a children’s playground.
The victim made her way to an address in Chariot Close where police and paramedics were called.
She was rushed to hospital where she is currently receiving treatment - her condition is not life-threatening.
Detectives are trying to establish a motive for the attack.
Det Con Zack Chughtai from Tower Hamlets CID said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who saw a man fitting the description of the suspect running away from the area of the attack to contact police.”
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 3 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 4 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 7 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 8 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 9 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
The suspect is a black man in his 40s, of chubby build and wearing grey clothing.
Anyone with information should call Tower Hamlets CID on 020 7275 4550 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.