Woman in her 60s is stabbed next to children’s playground in Bow
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman in her 60s was stabbed in Bow.
The victim was attacked as she walked along a path that runs between Legion Terrace and Garrison Road on Friday at around 9.50pm.
She had bought fish and chips in Roman Road before she was stabbed next to a children’s playground.
The victim made her way to an address in Chariot Close where police and paramedics were called.
She was rushed to hospital where she is currently receiving treatment - her condition is not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are trying to establish a motive for the attack.
Det Con Zack Chughtai from Tower Hamlets CID said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who saw a man fitting the description of the suspect running away from the area of the attack to contact police.”
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
The suspect is a black man in his 40s, of chubby build and wearing grey clothing.
Anyone with information should call Tower Hamlets CID on 020 7275 4550 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.