Woman in her 60s is stabbed next to children’s playground in Bow
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a woman in her 60s was stabbed in Bow.
The victim was attacked as she walked along a path that runs between Legion Terrace and Garrison Road on Friday at around 9.50pm.
She had bought fish and chips in Roman Road before she was stabbed next to a children’s playground.
The victim made her way to an address in Chariot Close where police and paramedics were called.
She was rushed to hospital where she is currently receiving treatment - her condition is not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are trying to establish a motive for the attack.
Det Con Zack Chughtai from Tower Hamlets CID said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who saw a man fitting the description of the suspect running away from the area of the attack to contact police.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The suspect is a black man in his 40s, of chubby build and wearing grey clothing.
Anyone with information should call Tower Hamlets CID on 020 7275 4550 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.