Woman, 40, stabbed to death in Bethnal Green home
- Credit: PA
A 40-year-old woman has been stabbed to death at a home in Bethnal Green.
The woman was found with stab wounds at a property in Globe Road yesterday afternoon - Thursday, March 24 - after police were called to concerns for her welfare.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, police say.
A Met spokesperson said: "Her next of kin have been informed and are being supported by officers.
"The death is being treated as suspicious and detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime Command have been informed."
"Enquiries are ongoing and a crime scene remains in place."
No arrests have been made at this stage.
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 3 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 4 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 5 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 6 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 7 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 8 12 people charged following east London drugs bust
- 9 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 10 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101 and quote reference number CAD 4738/24Mar.
To remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers via https://crimestoppers-uk.org/ or call 0800 555 111.