Young woman robbed and stabbed taxi driver in neck on Isle of Dogs
A young woman robbed a cab driver and stabbed him in the neck on the Isle of Dogs before escaping.
Police were called to Mast House Terrace on Tuesday of last week (June 14) after receiving a call from the taxi driver.
A police spokeswoman said: “On arrival it became apparent that an Asian female, aged about 25 years, had robbed the driver of the cab she was in, at knife point before escaping.
“The victim was stabbed in the neck by the woman before she stole some cash from him.”
She added that the taxi driver had not refused to hand over the money.
You may also want to watch:
DC Gary Rowlands, of the Robbery Squad at Bethnal Green, said: “This is a particularly nasty robbery where the victim has been lucky to escape serious injury.”
The woman was seen wearing a dark dress and jacket.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
The cab driver was taken to hospital for treatment, his injuries are not life threatening or changing, according to police.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the robbery squad on or to be anonymous CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.