Young woman robbed and stabbed taxi driver in neck on Isle of Dogs
A young woman robbed a cab driver and stabbed him in the neck on the Isle of Dogs before escaping.
Police were called to Mast House Terrace on Tuesday of last week (June 14) after receiving a call from the taxi driver.
A police spokeswoman said: “On arrival it became apparent that an Asian female, aged about 25 years, had robbed the driver of the cab she was in, at knife point before escaping.
“The victim was stabbed in the neck by the woman before she stole some cash from him.”
She added that the taxi driver had not refused to hand over the money.
DC Gary Rowlands, of the Robbery Squad at Bethnal Green, said: “This is a particularly nasty robbery where the victim has been lucky to escape serious injury.”
The woman was seen wearing a dark dress and jacket.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
The cab driver was taken to hospital for treatment, his injuries are not life threatening or changing, according to police.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the robbery squad on or to be anonymous CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.