Young woman robbed and stabbed taxi driver in neck on Isle of Dogs
A young woman robbed a cab driver and stabbed him in the neck on the Isle of Dogs before escaping.
Police were called to Mast House Terrace on Tuesday of last week (June 14) after receiving a call from the taxi driver.
A police spokeswoman said: “On arrival it became apparent that an Asian female, aged about 25 years, had robbed the driver of the cab she was in, at knife point before escaping.
“The victim was stabbed in the neck by the woman before she stole some cash from him.”
She added that the taxi driver had not refused to hand over the money.
You may also want to watch:
DC Gary Rowlands, of the Robbery Squad at Bethnal Green, said: “This is a particularly nasty robbery where the victim has been lucky to escape serious injury.”
The woman was seen wearing a dark dress and jacket.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory
The cab driver was taken to hospital for treatment, his injuries are not life threatening or changing, according to police.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the robbery squad on or to be anonymous CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.