Young woman robbed and stabbed taxi driver in neck on Isle of Dogs
A young woman robbed a cab driver and stabbed him in the neck on the Isle of Dogs before escaping.
Police were called to Mast House Terrace on Tuesday of last week (June 14) after receiving a call from the taxi driver.
A police spokeswoman said: “On arrival it became apparent that an Asian female, aged about 25 years, had robbed the driver of the cab she was in, at knife point before escaping.
“The victim was stabbed in the neck by the woman before she stole some cash from him.”
She added that the taxi driver had not refused to hand over the money.
You may also want to watch:
DC Gary Rowlands, of the Robbery Squad at Bethnal Green, said: “This is a particularly nasty robbery where the victim has been lucky to escape serious injury.”
The woman was seen wearing a dark dress and jacket.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
The cab driver was taken to hospital for treatment, his injuries are not life threatening or changing, according to police.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the robbery squad on or to be anonymous CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.