Young woman robbed and stabbed taxi driver in neck on Isle of Dogs
A young woman robbed a cab driver and stabbed him in the neck on the Isle of Dogs before escaping.
Police were called to Mast House Terrace on Tuesday of last week (June 14) after receiving a call from the taxi driver.
A police spokeswoman said: “On arrival it became apparent that an Asian female, aged about 25 years, had robbed the driver of the cab she was in, at knife point before escaping.
“The victim was stabbed in the neck by the woman before she stole some cash from him.”
She added that the taxi driver had not refused to hand over the money.
DC Gary Rowlands, of the Robbery Squad at Bethnal Green, said: “This is a particularly nasty robbery where the victim has been lucky to escape serious injury.”
The woman was seen wearing a dark dress and jacket.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
The cab driver was taken to hospital for treatment, his injuries are not life threatening or changing, according to police.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the robbery squad on or to be anonymous CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.