Crossrail deal for new Whitechapel transport hub
THE contract to build Crossrail’s major interchange transport hub at Whitechapel in East London is being awarded to a multi-national advisory and design consultancy. Crossrail intends signing up Hyder Consulting for the contract, it has announced this week
THE contract to build Crossrail’s major interchange transport hub at Whitechapel in East London is being awarded to a multi-national advisory and design consultancy.
An artist’s impression (above) shows what the new Whitechapel station complex will look like when Crossrail opens in 2017.
Crossrail intends signing up Hyder Consulting for the contract, it has announced this week.
You may also want to watch:
The deal includes both the station and the link into the tunnel at the Victoria Dock in Silvertown taking London’s super tube’ under the Thames to connect with North Kent rail services.
The awards comprise the design of a rail station at Whitechapel to provide connections to the London Underground District and Hammersmith & City lines and to the East London Line now being extend north from Whitechapel and south from New Cross as part of the orbital Overground’ network.
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 EFL fixture release: Leyton Orient begin new season away to Salford City
Crossrail will link Heathrow directly with the West End and City, then onto Whitechapel where it splits south to Canary Wharf and North Kent and east to Stratford and Essex.