Crossrail deal for new Whitechapel transport hub
THE contract to build Crossrail’s major interchange transport hub at Whitechapel in East London is being awarded to a multi-national advisory and design consultancy. Crossrail intends signing up Hyder Consulting for the contract, it has announced this week
THE contract to build Crossrail’s major interchange transport hub at Whitechapel in East London is being awarded to a multi-national advisory and design consultancy.
An artist’s impression (above) shows what the new Whitechapel station complex will look like when Crossrail opens in 2017.
Crossrail intends signing up Hyder Consulting for the contract, it has announced this week.
The deal includes both the station and the link into the tunnel at the Victoria Dock in Silvertown taking London’s super tube’ under the Thames to connect with North Kent rail services.
The awards comprise the design of a rail station at Whitechapel to provide connections to the London Underground District and Hammersmith & City lines and to the East London Line now being extend north from Whitechapel and south from New Cross as part of the orbital Overground’ network.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
Crossrail will link Heathrow directly with the West End and City, then onto Whitechapel where it splits south to Canary Wharf and North Kent and east to Stratford and Essex.