Crowds gather for funeral of East End landlord
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West. A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West.
A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out at St Mary and St Joseph's church to pay their respects to Peter, 47, who died of cancer earlier this month, ran a string of pubs all over the borough.
His wife Donna said: "He was my best friend and I'll miss him.
"So many people turned to give him a send-off because he was such a lovely man."
You may also want to watch:
For more details and pictures of the funeral see this Thursday's Advertiser.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17