Crowds gather for funeral of East End landlord
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West. A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West.
A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out at St Mary and St Joseph's church to pay their respects to Peter, 47, who died of cancer earlier this month, ran a string of pubs all over the borough.
His wife Donna said: "He was my best friend and I'll miss him.
"So many people turned to give him a send-off because he was such a lovely man."
You may also want to watch:
For more details and pictures of the funeral see this Thursday's Advertiser.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 6 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 7 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job