Crowds gather for funeral of East End landlord
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West. A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West.
A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out at St Mary and St Joseph's church to pay their respects to Peter, 47, who died of cancer earlier this month, ran a string of pubs all over the borough.
His wife Donna said: "He was my best friend and I'll miss him.
"So many people turned to give him a send-off because he was such a lovely man."
You may also want to watch:
For more details and pictures of the funeral see this Thursday's Advertiser.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines