Crowds gather for funeral of East End landlord
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West. A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West.
A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out at St Mary and St Joseph's church to pay their respects to Peter, 47, who died of cancer earlier this month, ran a string of pubs all over the borough.
His wife Donna said: "He was my best friend and I'll miss him.
"So many people turned to give him a send-off because he was such a lovely man."
You may also want to watch:
For more details and pictures of the funeral see this Thursday's Advertiser.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs