Crowds gather for funeral of East End landlord
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West. A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out
MORE than a thousand people gathered in Poplar for the funeral of much-loved East London landlord Peter West.
A biker gang, pub regulars and musician friends all turned out at St Mary and St Joseph's church to pay their respects to Peter, 47, who died of cancer earlier this month, ran a string of pubs all over the borough.
His wife Donna said: "He was my best friend and I'll miss him.
"So many people turned to give him a send-off because he was such a lovely man."
You may also want to watch:
For more details and pictures of the funeral see this Thursday's Advertiser.
- 1 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt