Cubs’ two-mile runs add up to East End marathon
CUBS from East London scouts group took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them. Each ran two miles for charity and the extra brave took on half-a-mile each to make up the 2.6 left over
CUB scouts from East London took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them.
Each ran two miles for charity and the brave ones took on half-a-mile each to make up the extra 2.6 miles.
The 12 youngsters from Tower Hamlets’ 3rd Scouts group staged the mini marathon’ over two weekends, with the last leg completed at Mile End Stadium.
MUMS JOIN IN
Some of the mothers who turned up to support them were so impressed they joined in as well.
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
One mum said after just one lap, a mere 400 meters: “I didn’t realise how hard this would be!”
The cubs are still receiving sponsorship, but so far have raised �200 for Asthma UK, the charity for improving the health of 5-and-a-half million sufferers in Britain.