Cubs’ two-mile runs add up to East End marathon
CUBS from East London scouts group took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them. Each ran two miles for charity and the extra brave took on half-a-mile each to make up the 2.6 left over
CUB scouts from East London took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them.
Each ran two miles for charity and the brave ones took on half-a-mile each to make up the extra 2.6 miles.
The 12 youngsters from Tower Hamlets’ 3rd Scouts group staged the mini marathon’ over two weekends, with the last leg completed at Mile End Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
MUMS JOIN IN
Some of the mothers who turned up to support them were so impressed they joined in as well.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
One mum said after just one lap, a mere 400 meters: “I didn’t realise how hard this would be!”
The cubs are still receiving sponsorship, but so far have raised �200 for Asthma UK, the charity for improving the health of 5-and-a-half million sufferers in Britain.