Cubs’ two-mile runs add up to East End marathon
CUBS from East London scouts group took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them. Each ran two miles for charity and the extra brave took on half-a-mile each to make up the 2.6 left over
CUB scouts from East London took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them.
Each ran two miles for charity and the brave ones took on half-a-mile each to make up the extra 2.6 miles.
The 12 youngsters from Tower Hamlets’ 3rd Scouts group staged the mini marathon’ over two weekends, with the last leg completed at Mile End Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
MUMS JOIN IN
Some of the mothers who turned up to support them were so impressed they joined in as well.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
One mum said after just one lap, a mere 400 meters: “I didn’t realise how hard this would be!”
The cubs are still receiving sponsorship, but so far have raised �200 for Asthma UK, the charity for improving the health of 5-and-a-half million sufferers in Britain.