Cubs’ two-mile runs add up to East End marathon
CUBS from East London scouts group took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them. Each ran two miles for charity and the extra brave took on half-a-mile each to make up the 2.6 left over
CUB scouts from East London took up a challenge to complete a marathon’ 26.2 miles between them.
Each ran two miles for charity and the brave ones took on half-a-mile each to make up the extra 2.6 miles.
The 12 youngsters from Tower Hamlets’ 3rd Scouts group staged the mini marathon’ over two weekends, with the last leg completed at Mile End Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
MUMS JOIN IN
Some of the mothers who turned up to support them were so impressed they joined in as well.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
One mum said after just one lap, a mere 400 meters: “I didn’t realise how hard this would be!”
The cubs are still receiving sponsorship, but so far have raised �200 for Asthma UK, the charity for improving the health of 5-and-a-half million sufferers in Britain.