Curry connoisseurs choose Brick Lane's top nosh
TOMORROW is the start of the 10th annual Brick Lane Curry festival – a fortnight celebration of the nation s favourite dish. To kick off the festival, sponsors Cobra beer today announced the winners of The Best of Brick Lane awards, which recognise the ac
TOMORROW is the start of the 10th annual Brick Lane Curry festival - a fortnight celebration of the nation's favourite dish.
To kick off the festival, sponsors Cobra beer today announced the winners of The Best of Brick Lane awards, which recognise the achievements and service to curry lovers of the restaurants along Brick Lane.
The winners this year:
� Best presentation: Masala Restaurant
You may also want to watch:
� Best service: Brick Lane Brasserie House of Spice
� Best interior Decoration: Mango Restaurant
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
� Best Cobra Served: Muhib Indian Cuisine
� Best value: Clifton Tandoori
The winners were selected by curry connoisseurs, specially selected members of the curry-loving public, who mystery shopped the restaurants.
The ultimate award, for The Best Curry on Brick Lane, will be decided by the public at a celebration in the Old Truman Brewery's Vibe Bar on Bank Holiday Monday, May 31.
Bajloor Rashid, President of the Banglasdeshi Caterers Association, said: "British-Bangladeshi restaurants have played a major part in putting Brick Lane on the map for the UK's curry connoisseurs, and the festival is a wonderful opportunity for all to enjoy and celebrate the local community."
Running until Friday, June 4, the Brick Lane Curry Festival enjoys its tenth consecutive year in London's 'Curry Mile'.
Participating restaurants will run special menus and 20 per cent discounts throughout the festival.