Curry connoisseurs choose Brick Lane's top nosh
TOMORROW is the start of the 10th annual Brick Lane Curry festival – a fortnight celebration of the nation s favourite dish. To kick off the festival, sponsors Cobra beer today announced the winners of The Best of Brick Lane awards, which recognise the ac
TOMORROW is the start of the 10th annual Brick Lane Curry festival - a fortnight celebration of the nation's favourite dish.
To kick off the festival, sponsors Cobra beer today announced the winners of The Best of Brick Lane awards, which recognise the achievements and service to curry lovers of the restaurants along Brick Lane.
The winners this year:
� Best presentation: Masala Restaurant
You may also want to watch:
� Best service: Brick Lane Brasserie House of Spice
� Best interior Decoration: Mango Restaurant
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
� Best Cobra Served: Muhib Indian Cuisine
� Best value: Clifton Tandoori
The winners were selected by curry connoisseurs, specially selected members of the curry-loving public, who mystery shopped the restaurants.
The ultimate award, for The Best Curry on Brick Lane, will be decided by the public at a celebration in the Old Truman Brewery's Vibe Bar on Bank Holiday Monday, May 31.
Bajloor Rashid, President of the Banglasdeshi Caterers Association, said: "British-Bangladeshi restaurants have played a major part in putting Brick Lane on the map for the UK's curry connoisseurs, and the festival is a wonderful opportunity for all to enjoy and celebrate the local community."
Running until Friday, June 4, the Brick Lane Curry Festival enjoys its tenth consecutive year in London's 'Curry Mile'.
Participating restaurants will run special menus and 20 per cent discounts throughout the festival.