Cycle tour races through Canary Wharf
Canary Wharf turned from a business hub to a cycling track last night for the final stage of the Halfords Tour Series.
Riders battled to be crowned champion and team of the series, doing laps which took them past many of Canary Wharf’s most popular buildings.
Rapha Condor Sharp cycled to victory as team of the series, while the stage winner was Jonny McEvoy from the Motorpoint Pro Cycling Team.
And the night also included the Canary Wharf Corporate Grand Prix, which was won by Thomson Reuters and included teams of riders from Clifford Chance, Saxo Bank, BP and Canary Wharf Group.
Rapha Condor Sharp member Ed Clancy, who is hoping to compete at London 2012, said: “Last night was good fun. Canary Wharf was pretty cool.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning the series was a big target for the team. We have got a really good pool of riders and we were pretty tactically astute.”
Previous races in the series included Durham, Oldham and Woking.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom