Cycle tour races through Canary Wharf
Canary Wharf turned from a business hub to a cycling track last night for the final stage of the Halfords Tour Series.
Riders battled to be crowned champion and team of the series, doing laps which took them past many of Canary Wharf’s most popular buildings.
Rapha Condor Sharp cycled to victory as team of the series, while the stage winner was Jonny McEvoy from the Motorpoint Pro Cycling Team.
And the night also included the Canary Wharf Corporate Grand Prix, which was won by Thomson Reuters and included teams of riders from Clifford Chance, Saxo Bank, BP and Canary Wharf Group.
Rapha Condor Sharp member Ed Clancy, who is hoping to compete at London 2012, said: “Last night was good fun. Canary Wharf was pretty cool.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning the series was a big target for the team. We have got a really good pool of riders and we were pretty tactically astute.”
Previous races in the series included Durham, Oldham and Woking.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 7 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 8 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City