Cycle tour races through Canary Wharf
Canary Wharf turned from a business hub to a cycling track last night for the final stage of the Halfords Tour Series.
Riders battled to be crowned champion and team of the series, doing laps which took them past many of Canary Wharf’s most popular buildings.
Rapha Condor Sharp cycled to victory as team of the series, while the stage winner was Jonny McEvoy from the Motorpoint Pro Cycling Team.
And the night also included the Canary Wharf Corporate Grand Prix, which was won by Thomson Reuters and included teams of riders from Clifford Chance, Saxo Bank, BP and Canary Wharf Group.
Rapha Condor Sharp member Ed Clancy, who is hoping to compete at London 2012, said: “Last night was good fun. Canary Wharf was pretty cool.
“Winning the series was a big target for the team. We have got a really good pool of riders and we were pretty tactically astute.”
Previous races in the series included Durham, Oldham and Woking.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 6 Commercial Road flat damaged in Whitechapel blaze
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Two men sustained head injuries in Tower Hamlets commercial robberies
- 9 O's manager Jackett will evaluate team ahead of Northampton Town trip
- 10 Mandatory jabs could deal 'big hit' to east London NHS staffing, says health boss