Cyclist hit in leg in 2nd East London shooting in 2 days
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses to the second shooting in two days within a mile of each other in East London. They found a 20-year-old cyclist lying with a gunshot wound to the leg in Richmond Road in Dalston—which followed the first shooting nearby on Thursday
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses to the second shooting in two days within a mile of each other in East London.
They found a 20-year-old cyclist lying injured with a gunshot wound to the leg in Richmond Road in Dalston—which followed the first shooting in Seal Street nearby on Thursday night.
He was taken to hospital where he is receiving treatment to a non life-threatening injury.
Two men on a motorbike rode up alongside him, both wearing helmets, when the pillion passenger shot the cyclist in the leg.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s Trident Command which looks into shootings in the Black community are investigating both incidents.
A man of 20 has since been arrested in connection with the investigation and is being held in custody at an East London police station, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information about either incident to call 020-8217 7366, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.