Cyclist hit in leg in 2nd East London shooting in 2 days
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses to the second shooting in two days within a mile of each other in East London. They found a 20-year-old cyclist lying with a gunshot wound to the leg in Richmond Road in Dalston—which followed the first shooting nearby on Thursday
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses to the second shooting in two days within a mile of each other in East London.
They found a 20-year-old cyclist lying injured with a gunshot wound to the leg in Richmond Road in Dalston—which followed the first shooting in Seal Street nearby on Thursday night.
He was taken to hospital where he is receiving treatment to a non life-threatening injury.
Two men on a motorbike rode up alongside him, both wearing helmets, when the pillion passenger shot the cyclist in the leg.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Met’s Trident Command which looks into shootings in the Black community are investigating both incidents.
A man of 20 has since been arrested in connection with the investigation and is being held in custody at an East London police station, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information about either incident to call 020-8217 7366, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.