Cyclist hit in leg in 2nd East London shooting in 2 days
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses to the second shooting in two days within a mile of each other in East London. They found a 20-year-old cyclist lying with a gunshot wound to the leg in Richmond Road in Dalston—which followed the first shooting nearby on Thursday
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses to the second shooting in two days within a mile of each other in East London.
They found a 20-year-old cyclist lying injured with a gunshot wound to the leg in Richmond Road in Dalston—which followed the first shooting in Seal Street nearby on Thursday night.
He was taken to hospital where he is receiving treatment to a non life-threatening injury.
Two men on a motorbike rode up alongside him, both wearing helmets, when the pillion passenger shot the cyclist in the leg.
Officers from the Met’s Trident Command which looks into shootings in the Black community are investigating both incidents.
A man of 20 has since been arrested in connection with the investigation and is being held in custody at an East London police station, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 3 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 4 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 7 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 8 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 9 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information about either incident to call 020-8217 7366, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.