Cyclist in court charged with killing pensioner in Bow
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A cyclist has appeared in court accused of knocking down and killing a pensioner in Bow.
Ermir Loka, of Manor Road, Walthamstow, has been charged with the manslaughter of 72-year-old pedestrian Peter McCombie and causing bodily harm by wanton and furious driving.
The crash happened in Bow Road on Friday July 3, and Mr McCombie died in hospital on July 11.
Today (Wednesday, August 26), Mr Loka, 22, appeared at the Old Bailey for a hearing before Judge Sarah Munro QC. She set a provisional trial date for October 4 next year, with a plea hearing on October 27 this year.
She said if restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic were lifted, an earlier trial date would be possible.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant was remanded into custody.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse