Cyclist killed along Mile End Road cycle superhighway, Tower Hamlets
A cyclist has died after a collision with a lorry along a cycle superhighway.
The man was pronounced dead by crews from the London Ambulance Service who got the call just before 5pm.
Police said the incident happened on Mile End Road, which has cycle superhighway two (CS2) running alongside it, at the junction with Bancroft Road, Tower Hamlets.
Road closures are currently in place.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and no arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
London Cycling Campaign tweeted “Very sad news of a lorry fatality on Mile End Rd”.
The death is the third involving a cyclist on CS2.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park