Cyclist killed in lorry crash identified
POLICE have identified a cyclist killed in a collision with a lorry in Whitechapel on Wednesday. Officers have named 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown who died in the Royal London Hospital after being in collision with the lorry
POLICE have identified a cyclist killed in a collision with a lorry in Whitechapel on Wednesday.
Officers have named 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown who died in the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel after being in collision with the lorry at the junction on Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road around 6.35am on Wednesday morning.
An inquest into the death is due to be opened and adjourned at Poplar Coroner's Court on Monday.
Police say Chrystelle, from Hacknye, and the vehicle were travelling south down Vallance Road immediately prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the van was uninjured.
Officers are appealing to anyone who witnessed either the collision or the moments leading up to it to contact Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning