Cyclist killed in lorry crash identified
POLICE have identified a cyclist killed in a collision with a lorry in Whitechapel on Wednesday. Officers have named 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown who died in the Royal London Hospital after being in collision with the lorry
POLICE have identified a cyclist killed in a collision with a lorry in Whitechapel on Wednesday.
Officers have named 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown who died in the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel after being in collision with the lorry at the junction on Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road around 6.35am on Wednesday morning.
An inquest into the death is due to be opened and adjourned at Poplar Coroner's Court on Monday.
Police say Chrystelle, from Hacknye, and the vehicle were travelling south down Vallance Road immediately prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the van was uninjured.
Officers are appealing to anyone who witnessed either the collision or the moments leading up to it to contact Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 7 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 8 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City