Cyclist killed in lorry crash identified
POLICE have identified a cyclist killed in a collision with a lorry in Whitechapel on Wednesday. Officers have named 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown who died in the Royal London Hospital after being in collision with the lorry
POLICE have identified a cyclist killed in a collision with a lorry in Whitechapel on Wednesday.
Officers have named 26-year-old Chrystelle Brown who died in the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel after being in collision with the lorry at the junction on Vallance Road and Whitechapel Road around 6.35am on Wednesday morning.
An inquest into the death is due to be opened and adjourned at Poplar Coroner's Court on Monday.
Police say Chrystelle, from Hacknye, and the vehicle were travelling south down Vallance Road immediately prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the van was uninjured.
Officers are appealing to anyone who witnessed either the collision or the moments leading up to it to contact Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man