Cyclist’s widow seeking compensation after Bethnal Green collision
A woman whose partner died after he collided with a lorry during his morning bike ride to work is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Amanda Baker is exploring the option of civil case following the death of her partner Peter McGreal in Bethnal Green on June 21.
Mr McGreal had been cycling to work along Pritchard’s Road when he was involved in a collision with a lorry at the junction with Hackney Road at around 8.30am.
The 44-year-old graphic designer, who has left behind a two-year-old daughter with Ms Baker, died from his injuries in hospital four days later.
Michelle Sutton, an associate with Fentons Solicitors LLP, representing Ms Baker, said: “Peter’s family are still suffering the aftermath of losing their loved one. We are hoping people will come forward and help us to secure the help they need right now and also in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“We are urging anyone who might have helpful information about the incident – no matter how small or insignificant they think it might be – to get in touch.”
A 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving, the Metropolitan Police said.
- 1 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
He has been bailed and is to return to an east London police station on December 2.
Contact Ms Sutton on 0161 238 6408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org