Cyclist’s widow seeking compensation after Bethnal Green collision
A woman whose partner died after he collided with a lorry during his morning bike ride to work is appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Amanda Baker is exploring the option of civil case following the death of her partner Peter McGreal in Bethnal Green on June 21.
Mr McGreal had been cycling to work along Pritchard’s Road when he was involved in a collision with a lorry at the junction with Hackney Road at around 8.30am.
The 44-year-old graphic designer, who has left behind a two-year-old daughter with Ms Baker, died from his injuries in hospital four days later.
Michelle Sutton, an associate with Fentons Solicitors LLP, representing Ms Baker, said: “Peter’s family are still suffering the aftermath of losing their loved one. We are hoping people will come forward and help us to secure the help they need right now and also in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“We are urging anyone who might have helpful information about the incident – no matter how small or insignificant they think it might be – to get in touch.”
A 52-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving, the Metropolitan Police said.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
He has been bailed and is to return to an east London police station on December 2.
Contact Ms Sutton on 0161 238 6408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org