Dan’s a Happe boy after extending O’s stay
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The academy graduate made his first-team debut in April 2017 and has progressed into a fine defender
Leyton Orient have tied down defender Dan Happe to a new contract, which will keep him at the club until the end of the 2020/21 season.
The centre back, who has progressed through the academy, has been linked with a move away from Brisbane Road for much of the summer.
Bids are understood to have been lodged for the 20-year-old, but they have been rejected and O's have signalled their intention to keep Happe by extending his contract.
His previous terms were due to expire at the end of this campaign, yet the excellent form of the left-footer over the past 18 months has been rewarded with an improved deal.
You may also want to watch:
It's exactly the type of news interim head coach Ross Embleton would welcome ahead of Saturday's League Two opener with Cheltenham Town.
Recently, the talk surrounding the Orient youngster had circled on whether he will stay in E10, but this weekend it will be about this great contract news.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family