Daredevil challenge sends spider’ kids up the wall
KIDS love climbing. They’re like spiders... So Town Hall bosses decided to provide them with a big wall to climb during a summer fun day at a school in London’s East End. The fun day theme held at Poplar’s Langdon Park school was healthy lifestyles
KIDS love climbing. They're like spiders...
So Town Hall bosses decided to provide them with a big wall to climb during a summer fun day at a school in London's East End.
The fun day theme held at Poplar's Langdon Park school was healthy lifestyles.
Tower Hamlets council's area community team laid on free dental checks and general health check-ups from the Primary Care trust.
You may also want to watch:
There was also plenty of sporty activities like bungee trampolining, five a-side football with Leyton Orient FC and a healthy juice bar.
But the big hit of the day was the urban adventure wall climbing... a huge 40ft structure with mini ledges where the 'spider' kids could scurry up the sheer face to the top.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 6 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 7 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
But the mums and dads watching weren't too concerned.
The kids were fitted with safety harnesses to make sure they didn't take a tumble. They also wore crash helmets... just in case.