Daring duo breach Canary Wharf security to reach top of One Canada Square tower
- Credit: Night Scape
Security at London’s second tallest tower seems to have taken a ‘dive’ after two young men managed to get into One Canada Square in Canary Wharf and climbed up to the very top.
They casually slipped into the HQ of Canary Wharf Group without anyone noticing, even when they set off an alarm.
The daring pair recorded their escapade step by step, even climbing on the outside to touch the iconic pyramid tip of the tower—then posting it on YouTube.
They can be seen hanging off the edge of the tower 700ft above the ground, looking at the nightime panoramic view of the whole of London.
Questions are now being asked about how two young men with rucksacks were able to bypass security quite so easily.
You may also want to watch:
“We are actively investigating unauthorised entry into One Canada Square,” a Canary Wharf Group spokesman said. “Security is taken seriously at Canary Wharf.
“Current arrangements have been tightened, while our security procedures are being reviewed and an internal investigation conducted.”
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
The company is now in discussions with police over the breach in the business estate’s security.
Scotland Yard was aware of the YouTube online footage showing the unauthorised access and is looking into whether any offences have been committed.
The video was shot by the group known as Night Scape which has a history of similar stunts, having previously got into West Ham’s new London Stadium at east London’s Olympic Park three miles away.