Darius departs Brisbane Road
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Experienced forward has contract terminated by mutual consent despite having two years left to run
Leyton Orient have confirmed that they have come to an agreement with forward Darius Henderson to mutually end his contract early.
The 33-year-old moved to Brisbane Road last summer signing a three-year deal under then manager Russell Slade and was expected to spearhead O’s charge towards promotion.
However things didn’t turn out like that and the former Nottingham Forest striker endured a frustrating season with injuries restricting his availability.
In total he made 25 appearances for the club and scored eight goals, but was unable to prevent them avoiding relegation to League Two.
You may also want to watch:
Henderson is rumoured to be among the highest earners at the club and it was felt it was best for all parties to part ways.
A statement on the official club website read: “The club wishes to announce that striker, Darius Henderson, has left the club to pursue other opportunities.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
“We wish him the best of luck and thank him for his efforts last season.”