Goalkeeper Brill extends stay in E10
- Credit: Archant
The 33-year-old has agreed a contract until the end of the 2020/21 campaign
Leyton Orient goalkeeper Dean Brill has committed his future to the club for a further year, extended his current deal until the end of next season.
Since being handed the gloves in December 2017, the experienced stopper has proved to be a reliable member of the team.
An ever-present ever since his debut, Brill equalled Orient's record clean sheet tally last season with 24 in all competitions.
Now he will look to help O's adapt to life in League Two quickly and cope after the shock death of boss Justin Edinburgh.
You may also want to watch:
On the contract extension, interim head coach Ross Embleton told the official club website: "He's been a phenomenal player for the club and a top character off the pitch. The quality he portrayed at key intervals last season was integral in us achieving what we wanted."
Brill, who has missed a large part of pre-season with a shoulder and back issue, is set to be 100 per cent fit for Saturday's league opener.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning