Orient stopper Brill ready to be tested in Benfica B friendly
- Credit: Archant
The 32-year-old is expecting a difficult encounter on Saturday evening at 7.30pm
Leyton Orient goalkeeper Dean Brill knows he could be a busy man against Benfica B this weekend, but is looking forward to the test of going up against such a quality side.
The O’s will conclude their time in Portugal with a friendly against the reserve team of Champions League regulars Benfica.
Orient thrashed Bostik Premier outfit Harlow Town 7-0 last Saturday, but will face much stiffer opposition this weekend.
Brill will likely only play 45 minutes, but can expect to be tested with Benfica B having a number of quality players in their squad including former Arsenal youngster Chris Willock.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a different game. Obviously they will look to have a lot of possession, but it will be a good test again at the end of a hard week,” said O’s number one.
“It is a nice fixture to have. It is not very often you get the chance to play against these teams.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
“We are lucky to be given the opportunity to go out to Portugal and to play against a club of the stature of Benfica.
“Regardless of whether it is their B team or not, it is still a big game and we will look forward to it.”