Tower Hamlets council officer wins London Enterprise Adviser of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
A council officer who does voluntary work supporting start-up businesses to mentor the borough’s young people has won an award.
Enterprise programme manager Deborah Millington began supporting the London Enterprise Adviser Network’s school careers programme in her spare time last year.
She works with Canary Wharf College to provide students with opportunities to meet employers and gain an insight into the world of work and the variety of careers available.
Her work has earned her the London Enterprise Adviser of the Year award.
Deborah said: “Supporting these young people fits well with my work and it’s an experience I’ve really enjoyed.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m looking forward to next year and a return to more normality - it will be great to build on what we’ve achieved so far with more tangible support and face to face experiences.”
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt