Delays near Blackwall Tunnel after scrapyard fire
DRIVERS have been suffering lengthy delays in east London after a fire caused road closures.
Heavy congestion was caused close to the Blackwall Tunnel after smoke hindered visibility on the A12 southbound.
The problems were caused by a blaze in a scrapyard in St Leonard’s Walk in Bow, which started at 2am this morning.
About 30 firefighters attended the yard, which stores around 100 tonnes of cars and tyres, and had it under control within a few hours.
Around 80 per cent of the scrapyard was damaged and further damage was also caused to an industrial building.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has been slow moving on the approach to the Bow flyover and tailing back past Wansbeck Road. The A118 westbound has been slow moving to Bow and tailing back to Stratford.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided