Delays near Blackwall Tunnel after scrapyard fire
DRIVERS have been suffering lengthy delays in east London after a fire caused road closures.
Heavy congestion was caused close to the Blackwall Tunnel after smoke hindered visibility on the A12 southbound.
The problems were caused by a blaze in a scrapyard in St Leonard’s Walk in Bow, which started at 2am this morning.
About 30 firefighters attended the yard, which stores around 100 tonnes of cars and tyres, and had it under control within a few hours.
Around 80 per cent of the scrapyard was damaged and further damage was also caused to an industrial building.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic has been slow moving on the approach to the Bow flyover and tailing back past Wansbeck Road. The A118 westbound has been slow moving to Bow and tailing back to Stratford.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears