‘Designer’ frocks pop up in Wapping with nibbles—if you’re in no hurry
Two women who met on Twitter are about to open a boutique in London’s East End selling low-price dresses by top West End designers such as Marc Jacobs and Jaeger—with tea and nibbles thrown in.
The ‘pop up’ shop pops up in Wapping for “an exclusive limited period” at the end of the month in Thomas More Street, next to St Katharine’s Docks and nine stitches from the Tower of London.
It follows on from the 44 Frocks ‘original designer’ dress parties Laura Henson has been holding in private homes around London where guests choose from 44 new and ‘near new’ frocks while nibbling through prosecco and cake.
“London ladies are savvy and absolutely deserve 5-star treatment,” Laura assured. “We’re bringing in top designers at killer prices, where every lady and her friend can take their time over tea and treats while deciding which dress and accessories were meant for her.”
Laura is running the boutique with new business partner Vickie Flores, who feels their 44 Frocks is filling a niche in the market. Vickie points out: “Why go all the way to Bond Street when you can pop up at Wapping and buy Nicole Farhi, Donna Karan and Calvin Klein?”
You may also want to watch:
The two first met on Twitter when Vickie, who lives in Wapping, tweeted that she was in need of a dress that wouldn’t break the bank. Style guru Laura came to the rescue with an Acne frock.
Picture: Mark Baynes
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking