Details released on East End’s Big Jubilee Lunch
The details of what could be the biggest Jubilee street party in the East End have been announced.
The Big Jubilee Lunch details, with Start, the Old Royal Naval College (ORNC) and the Royal Borough of Greenwich, were announced yesterday, May 1.
All will come together to create a Diamond Jubilee celebration for all the family on Sunday, June 3.
There will be a table of up to 800 people at any one time - together with a wide range of activities, including live entertainment by local and community performers, drop-in workshops, food and craft schools.
It is expected that up to 8,000 residents and visitors are to join in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
Joey Tabone, Director of Start, said: “We love to create opportunities to entertain people and inspire them to discover and try all sorts of sustainable living ideas, which is why we are delighted to be working with the ORNA and The Big Lunch to create this fantastic event.”
Brendan McCarthy, CEO of The Old Royal Naval College, said: “The ORNC’s Royal connections date back to Tudor times with the first Queen Elizabeth being born here.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
“We are looking forward to welcoming people from across the Royal Borough of Greenwich, and beyond at one of the UK’s biggest street parties as we celebrate our current Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.”
Cllr Chris Roberts, Leader of the Royal Borough of Greenwich, said: “We’re proud to support the Big Jubilee Lunch as it offers our local community a great way to come together and enjoy a fun day out, whilst also celebrating our links with Royalty.
“From watching the Olympic and Paralympic Games at some of London’s iconic sites, to attending The Greenwich Festival, we want to showcase all that our great borough has to offer.”
For more information, visit www.thebiglunch.com.