Diabetes charity needs east London volunteers
- Credit: www.nickstrugnell.com
A diabetes charity is appealing for volunteers across east London to take part in a collection weekend at Tesco stores in the area.
Diabetes UK is organising a nationwide fundraising event called the Big Collection for which it needs 8,000 volunteers at 600 Tesco stores across the UK on October 4, 5 and 6.
Although thousands of people have already come forward, with less than a month to go Diabetes UK is looking for volunteers who can give three hours of their time to collect donations over the weekend.
Stores with spaces to fill in East London include, Barking, Collier Row Metro, Goodmayes Extra and Bethnal Green.
The collection weekend aims to raise £400,000 to support the three million people living with diabetes in the UK and help find the further 850,000 who remain undiagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers can select three hour shifts on the Diabetes UK website: www.diabetes.org.uk/big-collection
For further information, contact Premal or Caroline on 020 7424 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets