Diabetes charity needs east London volunteers
- Credit: www.nickstrugnell.com
A diabetes charity is appealing for volunteers across east London to take part in a collection weekend at Tesco stores in the area.
Diabetes UK is organising a nationwide fundraising event called the Big Collection for which it needs 8,000 volunteers at 600 Tesco stores across the UK on October 4, 5 and 6.
Although thousands of people have already come forward, with less than a month to go Diabetes UK is looking for volunteers who can give three hours of their time to collect donations over the weekend.
Stores with spaces to fill in East London include, Barking, Collier Row Metro, Goodmayes Extra and Bethnal Green.
The collection weekend aims to raise £400,000 to support the three million people living with diabetes in the UK and help find the further 850,000 who remain undiagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers can select three hour shifts on the Diabetes UK website: www.diabetes.org.uk/big-collection
For further information, contact Premal or Caroline on 020 7424 1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze