Dial-a-Ride needs drastic improvement
Dear Ed, I HAVE campaigned for years to improve London’s Dial-a-Ride buses, following continual complaints from people with disabilities and organizations representing those with impaired mobility. Tthe service is in drastic need of improvement
I HAVE campaigned for years to improve London’s Dial-a-Ride buses, following continual complaints from people with disabilities and organizations representing those with impaired mobility.
The London Assembly’s recent investigation into the service has confirmed the views expressed by Dial-a-Ride users—the service is in drastic need of improvement (Advertiser, March 19, and Website).
But Boris Johnson has refused to review the Dial-a-Ride service, despite the Assembly’s findings, believing that we should start to see significant improvements now that the new booking system is in place.
You may also want to watch:
According to the Mayor, users can now expect more trips, fewer cancellations, and will find it easy to make trip requests.
I understand what a lifeline door-to-door transport is for Londoners who use it.
I want to make sure the service is working as well as it can, so I would like to ask any Dial-a-Ride user to let me know any failures (and successes). Please send an email or write to me at City Hall.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 4 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 5 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 6 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 7 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 10 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
John Biggs (Lab)
City & East London constituency
City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London, SE1 2AA