Dial-a-Ride needs drastic improvement
Dear Ed, I HAVE campaigned for years to improve London’s Dial-a-Ride buses, following continual complaints from people with disabilities and organizations representing those with impaired mobility. Tthe service is in drastic need of improvement
I HAVE campaigned for years to improve London’s Dial-a-Ride buses, following continual complaints from people with disabilities and organizations representing those with impaired mobility.
The London Assembly’s recent investigation into the service has confirmed the views expressed by Dial-a-Ride users—the service is in drastic need of improvement (Advertiser, March 19, and Website).
But Boris Johnson has refused to review the Dial-a-Ride service, despite the Assembly’s findings, believing that we should start to see significant improvements now that the new booking system is in place.
According to the Mayor, users can now expect more trips, fewer cancellations, and will find it easy to make trip requests.
I understand what a lifeline door-to-door transport is for Londoners who use it.
I want to make sure the service is working as well as it can, so I would like to ask any Dial-a-Ride user to let me know any failures (and successes). Please send an email or write to me at City Hall.
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 'Lucky' escape: Family flees Bethnal Green fire thanks to fire alarms
- 3 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 4 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 5 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 6 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
- 7 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 8 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 9 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 10 12 people charged following east London drugs bust
John Biggs (Lab)
City & East London constituency
City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London, SE1 2AA