Diamond Jubilee entertainment put on at Boxpark retail mall in Shoreditch
A series of entertainment is being put on at the world’s first pop-up mall in Shoreditch to get residents in party spirit for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Setting the tone tomorrow (June 2) will be four piece band the Coster Kings, who will be performing at the Bethnal Green Road shopping mall made from shipping containers.
London’s historic Pearly King and Queen will also be popping into Boxpark.
A charity cake sale will be held in aid of Amnesty International and a raffle will offer the chance to win a hotel stay.
On Sunday (June 3) a line-up of London artists will see musical performances from Skinny Macho, DJ Lukey, Mr Banditsu, Souljah, Ruby Blue, James Brown and DJ Steffie.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday (June 4) Shoreditch Youth Dance will start a dance and musical trail passing by Boxpark at 12noon.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided