Dickens themed drama for teenage Tower Hamlets actors
- Credit: Archant
Budding thespians in Tower Hamlets can participate in a free drama course.
Cornucopia Theatre, based in Whitechapel, is hosting a four day course themed around the works of Charles Dickens.
Teenagers can attend either full time or drop in sessions at the Brady Arts Centre, Hanbury Street, between January 2 and 5.
Part of the Mayor’s activities for young people scheme, the course will include a version of A Christmas Carol and an adaptation of Oliver Twist.
There will also be a visit to the Dickens Museum and to London sites connected to the author.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are also encouraged to gain their bronze arts award during the scheme.
The sessions will be held between 12 and 6.30pm each day.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
For more information or to book a place, contact Mark Duncan at email@example.com or call 020 7683 2358