Dickens themed drama for teenage Tower Hamlets actors
- Credit: Archant
Budding thespians in Tower Hamlets can participate in a free drama course.
Cornucopia Theatre, based in Whitechapel, is hosting a four day course themed around the works of Charles Dickens.
Teenagers can attend either full time or drop in sessions at the Brady Arts Centre, Hanbury Street, between January 2 and 5.
Part of the Mayor’s activities for young people scheme, the course will include a version of A Christmas Carol and an adaptation of Oliver Twist.
There will also be a visit to the Dickens Museum and to London sites connected to the author.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are also encouraged to gain their bronze arts award during the scheme.
The sessions will be held between 12 and 6.30pm each day.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
For more information or to book a place, contact Mark Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7683 2358