Different schools for Muslims will only stop pupils integrating
Dear Ed, I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5). Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration
I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5).
Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration. These pupils can have separate lessons if need be in an ordinary (integrated) school with Muslim teachers for their religious beliefs.
As for “racism,” it is that attitude that is causing racism. How racist is it saying “there is no place for a non-Muslim child or teacher in a Muslim school”? Schools in Britain are bending over backwards to help Muslim pupils keep up with their religious beliefs.
You may also want to watch:
I have worked on the Locksley Estate in Limehouse helping youth for nearly 15 years trying to integrate the communities. I don’t see people as ethnic’ or white’—just human.
I would quite happily take Iftikhar Ahmad on a tour of my estate to show how Muslim and white people integrate without racism.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
V Lashmar (Mrs)