Different schools for Muslims will only stop pupils integrating
Dear Ed, I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5). Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration
I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5).
Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration. These pupils can have separate lessons if need be in an ordinary (integrated) school with Muslim teachers for their religious beliefs.
As for “racism,” it is that attitude that is causing racism. How racist is it saying “there is no place for a non-Muslim child or teacher in a Muslim school”? Schools in Britain are bending over backwards to help Muslim pupils keep up with their religious beliefs.
You may also want to watch:
I have worked on the Locksley Estate in Limehouse helping youth for nearly 15 years trying to integrate the communities. I don’t see people as ethnic’ or white’—just human.
I would quite happily take Iftikhar Ahmad on a tour of my estate to show how Muslim and white people integrate without racism.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
V Lashmar (Mrs)