Different schools for Muslims will only stop pupils integrating
Dear Ed, I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5). Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration
I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5).
Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration. These pupils can have separate lessons if need be in an ordinary (integrated) school with Muslim teachers for their religious beliefs.
As for “racism,” it is that attitude that is causing racism. How racist is it saying “there is no place for a non-Muslim child or teacher in a Muslim school”? Schools in Britain are bending over backwards to help Muslim pupils keep up with their religious beliefs.
You may also want to watch:
I have worked on the Locksley Estate in Limehouse helping youth for nearly 15 years trying to integrate the communities. I don’t see people as ethnic’ or white’—just human.
I would quite happily take Iftikhar Ahmad on a tour of my estate to show how Muslim and white people integrate without racism.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
V Lashmar (Mrs)