Different schools for Muslims will only stop pupils integrating
Dear Ed, I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5). Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration
I WAS annoyed by Iftikhar Ahmad’s letter calling for separate Muslim schools in East London (Advertiser Letters, February 5).
Having different schools for Muslim pupils will only stop integration. These pupils can have separate lessons if need be in an ordinary (integrated) school with Muslim teachers for their religious beliefs.
As for “racism,” it is that attitude that is causing racism. How racist is it saying “there is no place for a non-Muslim child or teacher in a Muslim school”? Schools in Britain are bending over backwards to help Muslim pupils keep up with their religious beliefs.
You may also want to watch:
I have worked on the Locksley Estate in Limehouse helping youth for nearly 15 years trying to integrate the communities. I don’t see people as ethnic’ or white’—just human.
I would quite happily take Iftikhar Ahmad on a tour of my estate to show how Muslim and white people integrate without racism.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
V Lashmar (Mrs)