Diners flee Docklands tower block restaurant fire
FLAT-dwellers were evacuated from a Docklands tower block last night when fire broke out in a restaurant packed with diners . They were led to safety from the 22-storey South Quay Plaza near Canary Wharf
FLAT-dwellers were evacuated from a Docklands tower block last night when fire broke out in a restaurant.
They were led to safety by emergency fire-crews after smoke began seeping from the kitchen of the restaurant packed with diners on the ground floor of the 22-storey South Quay Plaza near Canary Wharf.
Firefighters had to remove panels from a cavity wall to reach the source of the outbreak. The diners and restaurant staff were also evacuated.
No-one was injured and there was no structural damage. The families were allowed back after two hours.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigators were later looking into possible causes after heat from the back of the ovens are thought to have set the cavity panels alight.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto