Diners flee Docklands tower block restaurant fire
FLAT-dwellers were evacuated from a Docklands tower block last night when fire broke out in a restaurant packed with diners . They were led to safety from the 22-storey South Quay Plaza near Canary Wharf
FLAT-dwellers were evacuated from a Docklands tower block last night when fire broke out in a restaurant.
They were led to safety by emergency fire-crews after smoke began seeping from the kitchen of the restaurant packed with diners on the ground floor of the 22-storey South Quay Plaza near Canary Wharf.
Firefighters had to remove panels from a cavity wall to reach the source of the outbreak. The diners and restaurant staff were also evacuated.
No-one was injured and there was no structural damage. The families were allowed back after two hours.
Fire investigators were later looking into possible causes after heat from the back of the ovens are thought to have set the cavity panels alight.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed