Orient director of football Ling signs a new contract
- Credit: Icon Sport
Leyton Orient director of football Martin Ling has signed a new two-year contract with the club.
Ling, who played more than 150 games for the O's between 1996 and 2000 and managed the club between 2003 and 2009, returned to E10 in June 2017 when appointed Director of Football.
Inheriting a very young squad following the 2017 takeover, Martin worked tirelessly to create a balance by bringing in players of experience, energy and promise and has since continued to support the first team management daily, whilst also acting as the link between the board and the football side of the club.
In May, Martin became one of the first, if not the first person to win promotion as a player, manager and Director of Football.
Chairman Nigel Travis said: "Martin has done an amazing job in the last two years, not only building a strong coaching staff and playing squad that gained promotion but handling a very difficult Academy situation in a highly professional manner, as well as supporting the growth of our camp and college programmes.
You may also want to watch:
"We are delighted that has extended his contract with us."
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided