Director of Human Resources gets a six-figure pay out from Tower Hamlets Council
By Else Kvist A Town Hall director is getting a six-figure redundancy pay-out from public coffers, the Advertiser has learned. Deb Clarke has acted as director of Human Resources for both the Town Hall
A Town Hall director is getting a six-figure redundancy pay-out from public coffers, the Advertiser has learned.
Deb Clarke has acted as director of Human Resources for both the Town Hall and NHS Tower Hamlets, but is employed by Tower Hamlets council.
Her work at the Town Hall has now come to an end but she will be on a secondment with NHS Tower Hamlets until her employment ends in February.
The council had initially denied that Ms Clarke is being made redundant but was this afternoon forced to confirm her redundancy, after a council insider revealed to the Advertiser that Ms Clarke is receiving a six-figure redundancy package.
You may also want to watch:
But a council spokeswoman refused to reveal the size of her pay-out.
Tower Hamlets is already facing criticism over the handling of the departure of its former chief executive Martin Smith.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
In an Audit Commission report district auditor Jon Hayes hits out at the Labour run council for not considering ways of lessening the cost of his departure to the public purse.
Mr Smith received a settlement of over �300,000 after he called in his union following a meeting with council leader Lutfur Rahman.